A full-body massage is as luxurious as it gets. There’s no better reward after a stressful day, a long week, or just to celebrate yourself. Such a holistic, all-encompassing experience can leave you feeling deeply restored, energized, and motivated.
The definition of “full-body massage” is in the name: it is a massage therapy session that works over all areas of the body. A typical full-body massage covers top-to-toes. Traditionally, a full-body massage covers the:
- Head – normally including the temples, crown, occipital muscles (the back of the head), and scalp.
- Neck – including the nape and trapezius (long muscles on the side that connect to the back).
- Shoulders – along with the collar bones, shoulder blades, and into the upper back.
- Upper and lower back – the lower back is where most people harbor stubborn tension and experience tightness, stiffness, or pain.
- Legs – including the buttocks, glutes, thighs, and calves